Skip navigation

About Us

From small beginnings in West Yorkshire, Dixon Chew has emerged to become a global supplier of specialist products to a wide range of cutting edge industries. This privately owned company focuses on the production of innovative and technically advanced chemicals.

Dixon Chew was founded in 1891 by James Dixon Chew with the aim of supplying the flourishing Yorkshire woollen industry with new dyes and chemicals.

By the 1950's we were supplying the UK with colour and dyestuffs for a range of textile fibres including leather, wool, cotton and the newly developed synthetic fibres.

Diversification came in the early 1970s when we began manufacturing textile auxiliaries, processing and finishing chemicals for the textile industry.

Today we manufacture a wide range of colours and speciality chemicals from our purpose built plant. Product development is a vital part of our service and we work closely with customers to develop new and innovative products, tailored to meet their ever-evolving requirements