Established in 1891
James Dixon Chew opened his business in 1891 with the aim of supplying the flourishing Yorkshire woollen industry with new dyes and chemicals.
By the 1950's the company was supplying the UK with dyes and chemicals for a range of textile fibres including leather, wool, cotton and the newly developed synthetic fibres.
Diversification came in the early 1970s when we began manufacturing textile auxiliaries, processing and finishing chemicals for the textile industry.
Today we manufacture a wide range of colours and speciality chemicals from our purpose built facility. Product development is a key part of our service and we work closely with customers to develop new and innovative products, tailored to meet their ever-evolving requirements