Updated: 1st October 2020
We are open for business and operating as normal. Orders are being processed and dispatched daily.
To sustain the health and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and visitors we have adapted the way we operate in accordance with the guidance from Public Health England (PHE).
These changes have been put into place to protect everyone and reduce direct contact. Our aim is to maintain social-distancing and avoid surface transmission when people and goods enter and leave the site.
Non-contact deliveries and collections
- For ALL collections - we no longer obtain signatures. Our staff will write the VRN of delivery vehicles along with the time of collection on our paperwork and offer a copy to the driver making the collection.
- For ALL deliveries - we no longer sign delivery paperwork. We will accept a copy of the delivery paperwork, but it must not be handed directly to our staff – is should be placed in the plastic container provided
- Drivers are encouraged to stay in their vehicles, where this does not compromise their safety or existing safe working practice. If drivers must leave their vehicle, they should maintain a safe distance from Dixon Chew staff
- Visiting drivers may use Dixon Chew welfare facilities. However, they must use the hand sanitiser provided, before and after entering our facilities.
Visitors and contractors
- We are encouraging visits via remote connection or remote working for visitors where this is an option.
- We are limiting the number of visitors at any one time to reduce interaction and overlap between people.
- Visitors should use hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities as they enter the premises.